MailChimp subscribe popup

Tuesday, February 4

Anita Whittaker & Friends Podcast

Mum got a podcast


I am happy to announce the launch of the Anita Whittaker & Friends PODCAST!

Launched Sunday 02022020 at 2020hrs the podcast which is informative and fun, is a kitchen table type conversation with actual friends of mine whom I see have such amazing and inspiring stories with strong elements to learn from.




As with all good friendships I am always learning something new and often have a thirst for more so start researching topics for further conversation.  When I do talks at schools I often draw on the experiences and knowledge of friends giving their stories as examples, this has aways been so successful that I decided to widen my reach.  Hence the birth of the podcast.

Some you will know that I was a radio presenter/dj for over 12 years (if you didn't, SURPRISE!) so Podcasting has felt like a natural thing for me.  I love talking into the mic (knowing me is to know that I love talking), so it is a perfect way to communicate knowledge, which, I really is my 'purpose' which of course we all have, but many are yet to establish.

I will further down the line, film the podcasts for our YouTube channel, but let me tell you, the hours, days, months of research, YouTube training, and practical practice I've undergone have just been the base of the mountain I will conquer.;
There has been a clip of a bear cub circulating, which sees the cub attempting to follow its mum up a mountain, not dissimilar to the one in my mind, this bear slides down over and over again until it finally arrives at the top and runs off with mum;  I Will conquer.  Capital W intentional.

In the meantime the, the steps taken so far are....

1. New website designed and created by moi Anitawhittaker.com
2. New Social Media Platforms Instagram @_anitawhittaker Twitter @AWF_podcast Facebook awfpodcast
3. Secure recording space and sound technician, that was easy, Ive taken over the man cave (whilst the hubby is at work, it was filthy and disorganised.  I sorted it.  He's happy) and enlisted the help of the husband who surprisingly has been pretty ok about it all; and, with his years of experience, and love for me of course, has produced some beautiful work for me.  WIN!
4. Recorded conversations with willing friends (I love my mates!)
5. Registered and published Podcast with a suitable host, chose Buzzsprout.com
6. Shameless plugs

It was quite some push in the very end as I had been quite ill with flu for a few days, I was dehydrated and my temperature spiked leaving me delirious the morning of the launch.  My husband was so concerned he called an ambulance and we spent the morning and early afternoon in hospital.  After a couple of hours on a drip, I was released and rushed back to get everything in order.  By fluke/lucky chance or divine prophecy, the podcast went live on Buzzsprout exactly at 2020hrs.  I almost peed a lil!  It was a few hours before it got to everywhere else, however I can officially and truthfully state that we launched at exactly 2020hrs on the 02 02 2020!

So now for my shameless plug here, even though it appears as though I had abandoned you...  I did say to jump on my instagram, I'm there 'ish!

Please do pop over to the website www.anitawhittaker.com scroll down and listen on the audio player, look for me on spotify, Anita Whittaker & Friends Podcast (a mouthful I know, try saying it at the beginning and end of every conversation!  No seriously please do; shameless plug request).

The first guest is the wonderful, very knowledgeable Tom London @tomlondon6 (twitter handle) we discuss, recorded 1 day before it, Brexit and other political matters.  It's fun and very informative defo worth a listen.

And so I bid thee adieu...  for now

Thanks for being there 

Tomboy -x-
aka
Anita Whittaker and Friends Podcast

p.s a crystal loving, universe believing, spiritualy aware person such as I am chose the date and time 1. because a friend suggested it, thanks Brooke, and 
2. because it felt right! #palindromeday 02 02 2020 2020hrs

p.p.s 
I've almost eaten half a small loaf of sourdough bread whilst typing.  I will now go hang my head in shame!


ANITA WHITTAKER & FRIENDS PODCAST CLICK HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, it all helps us to improve