photo slider

Search This Blog

MailChimp subscribe popup

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Comfy Cozy.. Prepare to Hibernate, Autumn is here!

Autumn has finally arrived around here, it's been wet, windy and grey, but rather than moan about it I had decided to embrace the right to get cosy and take up a new pass time, knitting!  

I was pretty bad at it the first time I attempted to learn at the age of 7 but this time I aim to make something other than triangles!  


It's not going too badly, I only started over twice!  I may have a small cushion cover by the end of the year... or...  I may not!  The whole thing is so therapeutic I don't really care what I end up with.  Over the past few weeks I have been  de-cluttering and moving things around, preparing for the 'hibernation' winter often brings.  I'm about to have a look for some vintage board games, creative thinking will prevent a mass murder!
My knitting basket.  The husband reckons it's just another excuse to get stuff...
 I say "PAH!" who needs excuses!


How are you preparing for the colder months?


I don't have a pattern, I'm just click clicking!
I'm far from an expert but the best thing to do is just to start at the beginning



Things to do to prepare for the colder months

  • Check heating and bleed radiators
  • Defrost freezer to prepare for stock piling
  • Check food cupboard for out of date items
  • Wash or replace quilts and pillows
  • Swap out clothing in drawers and wardrobes (T-shirts for long sleeved tops and jumpers etc..)
  • Check all board games have complete pieces
  • Place extra blankets in living room around seating and in bedrooms
Have a peek at my cleaning How-to.  Cleaning home
Also, why not swing by our Pinterest page and see what ideas you can add to your Autumn/Winter home.



Have fun

Tomboy -x-

Please share, comment and subscribe, it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, it all helps us to improve