|Picture from Ikea.com|
I am in the process of designing a 'Jack n Jill' bathroom for two boys under 10 it's a pretty fun project. A Jack and Jill bathroom is an en suite shared by two bedrooms, one either side of the bathroom with own access.
Have a look at some of the ideas and products used in this project.
1&2. IKEA Gordmorgan/ Edeboviken £275 each; a sink and drawers, one each for each boy.
3. York Bathroom light Paolo Moschino for Nicholas Haslam price on request. The main lights will be spotlights but these will look great either side of a mirror placed above the sinks.
Ask your electrician to fit a sensor so that the lights automatically turn on when your child enters the room and turns off after they leave. A great energy saving tool and is helpful when a sleepy body stumbles to the toilet at night.
4. Acrylic Picture frames. Blown up prints of the boys taken whilst on a beach holiday. Photobox has a selection of sizes their process is quick and simple. Prices start from £39.99 for a 30cm x 20cm print.
5. White Metro tiles. Can be found at many local DIY stores or tile shops. Place in the shower area and over the sinks.
6. White towel ring £7.99 from Homebase.
7. Wall hung toilet from a selection at The Bathstore. With boys there is no other way!!!
8. White heated towel rail from Victoria Plumb £109
9. Rubber flooring from Polymax from under £8 per sq metre. Rubber is a safe and warm option for bathrooms. I love underfloor heating, check whether this is compatible before purchasing.
10. White mixer tap by Hudson Reed £87; speak to your plumber about ensuring that warm is the hottest the tap can get in the children's own bathroom.
11. A fun wall transfer under an acrylic splashback will look great over the bath, the boys will enjoy playing space invaders with this print from Next and at only £24.99 it's a steal.
All the walls will be painted white but the ceiling is where the fun is! A lovely bright yellow! Shutters are a must and discourages young hands from trying to open windows. Try Next for a great, cost effective option.