photo slider

Search This Blog

MailChimp subscribe popup

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Sesame Street: - "Belly Breathe" with Elmo, Simple therapy for serenity!


  I don't know about you but at times I just want to go into a cupboard and scream!  People often comment on how quiet and serene my home is, considering I have four boys, 3 under 11 years old!
"Believe me, I always reply, it's not always like this."

 I've been up since after 5 this morning and only went to bed at 12.  There has been a death in the family, somone extremely close to me and I haven't been able to sleep very well at all.  I have tried to focus on working, but anything new seems to be tangled up with memories and lists, tears and that all important question 'what next?', so I have been focusing on my story.  I still remember how I felt as a child and have many happy playful childhood memories so when the boys are noisy I bare in mind my noisy play and let them be.  At times like this when I am dealing with grief and, to my dismay, my cycle starts; I get back to basics and manage myself as I would a child.  Simplicity is key and Sesame Street has always been an education!

It works for the boys aswell, even the teenager calms down and laughs.

Tomboy x-








No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, it all helps us to improve