photo slider

Search This Blog

MailChimp subscribe popup

Friday, 1 March 2013

Little surprises.... You can keep em!

The Life of a working housewife is not one to be envied!
What a morning it  has been!  After doing the school run and forgetting whether or not I had hung up the baby's jacket and bag or just dropped them somewhere in the foyer, I was talking and wasn't conscious of our belongings until I got home!

I came home and began the washing.  My 4 year old had had an accident at school, loose stool, and I had that bag of unthinkables to wash.  I thought, it wouldn't be that bad and just emptied the bag into the washing machine.  I put it on a rinse cycle thinking that i would then add a full load to wash.  How wrong I was.  I was on the phone to my direct neighbour (she's recovering from surgery and I thought I'd call to see if she needed anything) when the machine beeped that it was finished.  I opened the door and to my horror, there was a small piece of poo on the rubber and a poo smear of the glass of the door, ewwwwwww!!  I actually said that out loud and began to explain to my neighbour what had happened, whilst she laughed I frowned, my mind was spinning.  Aaaaargh!  As though there were not enough things to do, so gross (my inner teenager re-surfaced).  And the smell.  Well I can't throw out the machine it's a Bosch dear!  In went the washing liquid on a cold wash, then remove the offending items and put the machine on a hot wash with half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of soda crystals in the drum.  The offending washing will then go in again with a load.  Phew!!  And it's just midday!!

 P.S.  I was tempted to take pics and post them but I didn't think I'd spoil the day for anyone else!