photo slider

Search This Blog

MailChimp subscribe popup

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Truly The Real Housewife of London

I am a huge fan of The Real Housewives reality shows, they are my guilty pleasure, from New York to Atlanta, DC, OC, Beverly Hills, New Jersey and the New Miami; my favourites being a three way tie between Beverly Hills, New York and Atlanta.  Other than Grand Designs they are the only tv I watch religiously!

One of the things I love is the glamour.  All of the women always look so beautifully turned out, make-up flawless, not a hair out of place and impeccably dressed.  Through them I live a fantastical life, jet setting around the world, eating in amazing restaurants, drinking in the finest vineyards and have lunch with the rich and famous.  When I turn off the television I return to snack time for the baby, changing pooey nappies, wiping snot out of my hair, typing my blog posts and doing the laundry at the same time!  Right now as I type I have two noisy, busy little boys racing around with duplo cars.  My housewife reality is a far cry from that of the reality show, but, there are also many similarities.  I too have a small group of friends whom I spend most of my leisure time with.  Girlie meals, holidays and increasingly fewer club nights.  Dinner parties, pottery painting and birthday parties including the men.  We are even planning a couples holiday and a white party to raise money for charity!  OK so myself and my group of friends have been influenced by the show.  Nothing wrong with a little aspiration.

I've been inspired by the shows and the women in them.  I may just put on a pair of high heels, a fitted dress, paint my face and fluff my hair, or, in reality, I'll probably throw on a pair of leggings and an old top as the baby still has a cold!!