photo slider

Search This Blog

MailChimp subscribe popup

Monday, 4 February 2013

Superwoman???

I Love 'Superwoman' the song by Karen White....  A true anthem sung by many a woman in a difficult relationship, I have had many a drunk girlie night where we've screeched at the top of our voices the chorus using a bottle of wine, now empty, as a microphone!  Throw in Aretha Franklin's 'Respect' and of course 'I will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor and every man within a 5 mile radius flees its like a soprano and glass!!  But honestly, even though these songs are aimed at men, how many of us actually do it to ourselves.  It is said that whatever you put into the universe comes right back at ya;  If you pile it on yourself, more will come, and so it does.

I piled so much on to myself that my body's defences where low and I caught a flu that I couldn't get rid of!  Just as I started to feel better and tried to catch up on work not done, BAM, I was ill again, laid up in bed.  It wasn't until week 9 when the house was completely upside down that my family realised how much I do.  No clean sheets or clothes, empty freezer and cupboards dull lighting because dust had built up on the light bulbs!  OK so that's a slight exaggeration but you get the gist!

Rotas and checklists are now a huge part of my life, how many times have we said 'I asked them to clean the bathroom and they didn't do this this and this'.  No-one does things the way we do it, but if we give a little checklist at least they will do the jobs we expect to be done, rotas will ensure they are done when you need it and even if things are not done to our standard it will be a lot less to do than to do the whole thing ourselves.  This will free up more time to pamper ourselves, relax and recuperate.  If you are working yourself into the ground, when you are ill what will happen?

The resolution of the year is not to take on more than one can handle, delegate and, look after you.  If you feel as though you are getting ill, address it.  I believe in hard work, but balance it out, as the saying goes, 'work hard, play harder'  None of us have the super powers of a marvel comic hero so why try to be superhuman, be a 'practicalhuman'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, it all helps us to improve