photo slider

Search This Blog

MailChimp subscribe popup

Monday, 6 August 2012

Cool baby looks for accessories for cooling weather!

We have lost the baby's much loved grey marl, striped flat cap.  I have no idea what happens to all our lost bits, perhaps there is a lost and found retail store which re-sells all our lost goods!  The weather being s unpredictable as it is and the baby not having enough hair to keep out the drafts, I felt it important to find a replacement as soon as I could.

Baseball cap, Next £6.50 - £7.50
Unfortunately Next, the store I purchased the original hat, has had it's summer sale and, all summer stock is gone including our beloved hat.  On the up side they have some great new additions which sparked my interest.  They have new flat caps which were mostly in autumn colours with one seersucker pin striped version; they didn't have his size so I settled on a baseball cap, it is very autumn with navy cord, tweed and grey wool sections, but it's so cute I got it anyway!  I justify my purchase with the idea that it would be gone before autumn set in anyway!

Well done to Next on this item, the styling is so cool and bang on trend with the cord and tweed, there is great attention to detail as the lining of the hat has a navy blue griffin print.  I am careful not to pull the cap down too low on my little one so as not to mould his ears into 'Disneys Dumbo' shape, at only 6 months he is still forming so this is important with all hats.
Best friend Draggie, modelling Next cap right side.




I rarely purchase caps for babies and adhere to an only when they can sit up rule; at least then they don't have to contend with the fastenings at the back.

Flat cap H&M £2.99







I then had a look in a few more high street stores and was disappointed at the lack of choice for babies of this age, I settled on another flat cap, this time in beige, from H&M.  At the great price of £2.99 who could resist and I love flat caps, they can be dressed up or down and always give an outfit an edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, it all helps us to improve